Are you interested in becoming a FLP Board Member? We need your help to advise, govern, promote, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership of the Footlight Players.
- Organizational leadership
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of planning and evaluation
- Personnel evaluation and staff development
- Review of organizational and performance reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
Expectations of board members :
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Attend and participate in meetings and special events on a regular basis.
- Help communicate and promote FLP’s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with FLP’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of FLP.
- Financially support FLP in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
Your Commitment to FLP :
- The board of directors meets on the first Tuesday at 5:30pm in the lobby of our theater every month. Meetings typically last 60 minutes.
- Board members at large are expected to run sub-committees. Committees of the board meet an 4 to 6 times per year.
- Board members are asked to attend at least two special events or fundraisers each year.
- Board members are expected to be season ticket holders
- Board members are expected to sell a minimum 2 additional season tickets each year
Contact Gary McManus (Governance Committee) or Jane Broadwater (Executive Director) at 843.722.7521 to discuss your interest in FLP Board Member opportunities.