Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean
A comedy/drama by Ed Graczyk
Directed by Jay Danner
Friday, February 10th and Saturday, February 11th , 2017 at 7:00 pm
The Footlight Players Theatre, 20 Queen Street, Charleston, SC
April 14, 15,21, 22, 27, 28, 29, 2017 @ 8:00 pm and April 16, 23, 30, 2017 @ 3:00 pm
Rehearsals will typically be SUNDAY through THURSDAY evenings, beginning at 6:30pm and last no more than 4 hours. An occasional FRIDAY or SATURDAY rehearsal may be required, but is not typical.
REHEARSAL WILL BEGIN SUNDAY MARCH 19th.
In a small town dime store in West Texas, an all-female fan club called the “Disciples of James Dean” reunite for the twentieth anniversary James Dean’s death. Now middle-aged women, they were teenagers when Dean filmed Giant two decades ago in nearby Marfa. One of them, an extra in the film, has a child whom she says was conceived with Dean during the shoot. The ladies’ congenial reminiscences mingle with flash-backs to their youth; then the arrival of a stunning but familiar stranger sets off a series of confrontations that smash their delusions and expose bitter disappointments.
Roles to be filled:
- Juanita – (female, age 50s-60’s) is manager of the H. L. Kressmont Five and Dime in McCarthy, Texas.
- Mona – (female, age late 30s-40s) Mona (then) – (female, age 17)
- Sissy – (female, age late 30s-40s)
- Sissy (then) – (female, age 17)
- Joe – (male, teenage boy 16 to 17 )
- Joanne – (female, age late 30s-40s)
- Stella May – (female, age late 30s-40s)
- Edna Louise – (female, age early 30s)
1) Sides will be given out for cold readings at the audition.
2) The listed character ages are suggested. Actors older or younger may be considered, depending on their physical appearance.
3) The play will be set in the 1970s and 1950s.
Any questions should be directed to Jay Danner to email@example.com