A musical by: James Kirkwood Jr., Michael Bennett, and Nicholas Dante
Directed by: Robin Burke
Musical Director: Manny Houston
Choreographer: Megan Pue
Calling all actors, singers, dancers and anyone in between with some notation of THREAT, triples preferred.
We are producing A CHORUS LINE with a fresh perspective. Multicultural, gender blind, all persuasions encouraged. The only important thing is TALENT!
Come with an open mind and passion for performance.
Audition/Callback dates: Monday, June 13th 6-9 PM
Location: The Footlight Players Theatre, 20 Queen St., Charleston, SC 29401
Performance dates: August 5-21 ( Friday-Sunday shows and 1 Thursday show)
A Chorus Line examines one day in the lives of seventeen dancers, all vying for a spot in the “chorus line” of a Broadway musical. After the first round of cuts, Zach, the director and choreographer, asks each dancer to speak about themselves. Discomfort opens into revelation, confession leads to redemption, and within the bright, outwardly homogenous chorus, the audience begins to see each dancer’s individuality.
- Zach (Non-Singing Role) Director of show and ex-lover of Cassie.
- Cassie (Soprano) Aging but excellent dancer.
- Larry (Tenor) Zach’s assistant, authoritative.
- Kristine (Mezzo) Married to Al and very nervous when not dancing.
- Al (Baritone) Married to Kristine, macho and very protective.
- Sheila (Alto) Over-confident but beautiful actress and the oldest dancer on the line.
- Val (Alto – Belt) “perfect” figure, sexy with attitude, foul-mouthed, and superficial.
- Mike (Tenor, Italian) has a victim complex and often teased.
- Maggie (Mezzo) Daydreamer.
- Connie (Alto) short Asian, experienced dancer, and good sense of humor.
- Diane (Alto) Latina, energetic, humorous and speaks from the heart.
- Richie (Tenor) African-American, high-energy, good-natured and proud.
- Paul (Baritone) Latino, friend of Diane. Quiet, shy, introverted and gay.
- Mark (Tenor) Optimistic, naive, charming and obsessed with sex.
- Judy (Mezzo) Nervous, scatterbrained, gawky and hopeful.
- Greg (baritone, handsome) A typical “pretty boy”
- Bebe (Alto) A Jewish modern dancer
- Bobby (Baritone) Flamboyant, funny, clever
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS (Bring a current photo of yourself so we remember who you are!!!)
- Be prepared to sing 16 bars` of music from any show that you choose. Selections from the show are fine, but all songs should show your range to its best advantage.
- Sides will be given out for cold readings at the audition.
- Actors will learn sections of various musical numbers at first audition
- Dance combinations will take place at callbacks on June 13th.
- Dress Comfortably and wear jazz or character shoes.